A downloadable Tabletop RPG
The entire game text can be found online here: https://www.meteorrpg.com/
It is designed to be easy to play and teach, and features:
- Quick character creation including "Undefined Skills" chosen during play to avoid decision paralysis.
- Decisive combat that plays fast and encourages tactics and ambushes.
- A simple stress/panic system to emulate horror, without using lasting phobias or conditions.
- Streamlined space ship rules to make exploring star systems dynamic and exciting.
- Space combat that makes ship battles fun without over-complicated logistics.
Meteor is designed for "one shot impact" to let every character shine in a limited time, but with support for longer campaigns focused on:
- Xenoarcheology and Exploration
- Corporate Espionage
- Derelict Ship Diving
- Mercenary Bounty Hunting
Inspired by science fiction including:
- Downbelow Station by C. J. Cherryh
- Wasp by Eric Frank Russell
- The Voyage of the Space Beagle by A. E. van Vogt
- The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- The Robot stories by Isaac Asimov
- Star Trek (primarily TOS/TNG)
Meteor is currently a work in progress. The game is still being written and play-tested. Some aspects of the game have not been written yet, and other aspects are likely to be changed as play-testing progresses (especially space combat and exploration). If you play Meteor and have feedback on the rules please contact me here on itch, or in the Cairn Discord Server, or anywhere else you can find me.
A "vertical slice" star system, Hope's End, to use as a "test bed" for the system is currently in development and will be released when finished as a companion to Meteor.
Click download now to get access to the following files: